Enabling reliable performance with durable surfaces.
Our TX treatments
Ferritic nitrocarburizing (FNC) is a surface hardening technique that has proven itself in various applications and industries. It is a cost-effective method of increasing the wear resistance of mating surfaces.
Our proprietary FNC treatments, TX1, TX2 & TX4, work by thermochemically diffusing carbon and nitrogen into the surface of steel alloys. Carbon and nitrogen strengthen the crystalline lattice of the material, producing a harder, tougher steel that will survive longer in high-wear applications.
TX treatments can be applied to steel and cobalt alloys. As a non-line of sight application, we can treat components with complex geometries. Our scientists will evaluate your engineering and material requirements and work with you to provide optimal surface properties.
· Abrasion and erosion resistance up to 1100°F
· Increased hardness without embrittlement
· Resists galling and adhesive wear
· Improves fatigue properties
· Minimal distortion
· Lowers coefficient of friction
· Automotive wear couples
· Tool & Die
· Internal combustion engines
· Power Generation shafts, seals, and bearings
· Agricultural Machinery
Looking for help with surface treatments?
Let us know what you are looking for by filling out this brief form.
- Product description (application, current manufacturing processes, material)
- Failure mechanisms with current model
- Desired product performance (improved wear resistance, higher fatigue strength, improved corrosion, etc)
- Anticipated volume (one-off project or long-term production)
TURBOCAM – Enhanced Surfaces
5 Faraday Drive
Dover, NH 03848